ADEX Review, Advertising Network,
Payment Proof, Earning Rate, CPC, CPM Report
What is AdEx (ADX)?
ADEX (ADX) Adex network stands for “advertising exchange.” They’re building a decentralized platform where advertisers and online publishers can meet to negotiate advertising contracts. … The emerging advertising exchange industry is a crowded field. AdEx is up against other blockchain projects seeking to accomplish similar goals such as Bitclave, Basic Attention Token, qChain, and adChain. Adex network unique angle is transparency, unrestricted access, and no fees for using their service.
Still, Adex network is a relatively unknown project. They successfully completed a token sale, but they have yet to launch a beta version of the platform. So, let’s take a deeper dive into the ad industry, AdEx’s white paper, and the project’s roadmap to get a clearer picture of what Adex network is all about.
ADEX NETWORK DETAILS
|Commission Type :||CPM, POP, Popunder, CPV Direct Link|
|MINIMUM PAYMENT :||No Minimum|
|Payment Frequency :||On Request|
|PAYMENT METHOD :||PAYPAL, SKRILL|
|CONTACT :||EMAIL: @adex.network|
The Current Ad Industry
It’s helpful to examine the current advertising market, especially as it relates to online media, in order to understand Adex network positioning.
In the past few years, online advertising has surpassed TV advertising in terms of share of advertising revenue. This is an enormous shift in the ad industry. With the decline of traditional broadcasters and increase in over-the-top providers (OTTs are content providers like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu), the trend toward digital seems like it will only continue to grow.
Online advertising now accounts for 40% of all ad spending.
The ad industry is rife with middlemen. In its simplest form, digital advertising has a middleman like Google Adwords. They use bidding to set the price and take a fee for every impression they handle. In more complicated schemes, there may be multiple middlemen – a publisher’s broker, an advertiser’s broker, ad agencies, etc.
These middlemen all charge fees for the simple service of connecting publishers and advertisers.
There’s little transparency in the advertising industry. You can’t see how Adwords bidding prices are calculated. Good luck getting advertising agencies to disclose their pricing secrets.
This makes it difficult to audit the success of an advertising campaign. It also means it’s difficult to measure the quality of inbound leads from various publishers. Often, clicks on ads come from bots or disingenuous users for the sake of driving revenue to malicious publishers.
Ad Blockers & Disinterest
Users are so bombarded with advertising messages, many have installed ad-blocking browser extensions. In addition, most users are now immune to many forms of advertising. Few people click on banner ads anymore. Ads before videos get ignored or skipped.
This is a major problem for advertisers as ROI decreases for each impression they buy. The new frontier in effective advertising is the one pioneered by the likes of Facebook and YouTube and other social media outlets. They allow advertisers to target ads based on demographic criteria and users’ expressed interests so the ads are relevant and personalized to their intended audience.
How AdEx actually Works?
The protocol combines traditional peer-to-peer technology, cryptography and blockchain.
The Adex network protocol is designed to be completely invisible to end users, while improving their internet browsing experience. However, under the hood there is a complex system of software components working together. For a complete overview of the protocol, head straight to our GitHub Repo.
The Adex network protocol builds on top of blockchain technology to facilitate the parts that need achieving consensus in a trustless, decentralized manner. This part is commonly referred as the “AdEx Core”. The Core has to implement everything related to moving funds between advertisers and publishers. To be more precise, it provides an implementation of OUTPACE channels (unidirectional payment channel), and every advertiser’s campaign maps to one OUTPACE channel with a certain deposit….
The market is a RESTful service maintained and hosted by Adex network OÜ. The primary role of the market is to facilitate demand/supply discovery and trading. It keeps record of all campaigns that are currently valid, and allows publishers/advertisers to query that Adex network list in order to find what they need….
The SDK runs in an <iframe> in the end user’s browser and builds a profile of the user and learns about them through the publishers and advertisers. Everyone who integrates the SDK has the ability to “tell” the SDK what they know. The incentive for this is built-in: better targeted ads mean higher revenues for publishers and higher ROI for advertisers….
Validators – One advertising campaign is mapped to a single payment channel, where the deposit is the entire campaign budget, and the validators are normally an advertiser-side and a publisher-side agents. Campaigns are regarded as valid only if ⅔ of the validators have signed the reported traffic generated on the publisher’s platform….
The platform is the GUI of the Adex network platform. Advertisers and Publishers submit and accept campaigns, choose validators and access stats for their campaigns on the platform….
The Registry is an autonomous system designed to provide a list of publicly accessible validators that you can nominate for your campaign. The ultimate goal of the Registry is provide exposure for everyone who wants to be a public validator, and also to hold these validators accountable if they misbehave….
How AdEx Addresses These Problems?
Adex network implements a solution with three user stories: publisher, advertiser, and user. Each of these stories addresses the challenges of digital advertising from a different angle.
Publishers are the content creators, owners, or distributors. They own the websites that users are visiting. They are the ones who can host advertisements and get paid for those ads.
The key is publishers want control over what types of ads display on their sites. Adex network helps publishers maximize revenue generation from ads while minimizing the negative impacts of ads on user experience.
- No Fees: As a self-proclaimed self-serving platform, online publishers are not required to pay to use the Adex network. This means that publishers get to keep more of the advertising revenues that they generate.
- Fraud Elimination: Publishers are able to view the exact same information as the advertisers they are running ads for, subsequently ensuring that the end-to-end process is 100% transparent. This effectively removes the threat of ad fraud, especially when you factor in the role of Adex network validators.
- Ability to Receive Micropayments: A further benefit that publishers are accustomed to is that Adex network is able to facilitate micropayments. This means that publishers can receive payment as soon as an impression is made. Ordinarily, publishers would need to wait until a minimum withdrawal threshold is reached.
- Full Control: Publishers that engage with the Adex network platform have full control over which ads they choose to run, and which they don’t. Not only can this be broken down by the advertiser themselves, but also the specific ad.
Advertisers run their ads on hundreds or thousands of sites daily. Adex network gives them unprecedented control over who, where, and when their ads go.
- 24/7 Visibility: Advertisers that execute their campaigns via the Adex network platform will have unprecedented visibility of their respective campaigns. In fact, advertisers can access the platform around the clock, subsequently allowing them to evaluate key metrics such as the volume and quality of campaign traffic.
- Budget Optimization: The Adex network platform is significantly more cost-effective for digital advertisers in comparison to using third-party intermediaries. As such, advertisers can streamline their resources in a more efficient way. According to Adex network themselves, the only fees that advertisers will be accustomed to is the fee associated with paying validators (who are responsible for ensuring impressions are authentic and not executed by spambots).
- Campaign Customization: Adex network affords advertisers with substantially more control over their bespoke ad campaigns in comparison to traditional platforms such as Google AdSense and Facebook. This includes custom conversions, direct targeting, and pay-by-impressions.
- Header Bidding: AdEx also comes with a really cool feature known as ‘Header Bidding’. In a nutshell, this allows advertisers to bid for space on a publisher’s platform, without the platform revealing the identity of the website in question. Instead, AdEx will detail key metrics about the platform, such as its domain authority and target niche.
- No More Low-Quality Traffic: One of the biggest pain points for digital advertisers is wasting valuable marketing resources on low-quality traffic. By using the AdEx platform, advertisers will benefit from both whitelisting and blacklisting, subsequently ensuring that budgets are spent effectively.
- Audience Targeting: Adex network promises to provide a high level of customizability and audience targeting for its advertisers. If successful, it could bring higher ROI to the advertising companies and make Adex network a leader in the space. So far, however, Adex network has limited user data to base its targeting off of. Collecting and developing profiles around this data is another major hurdle for the project.
- Adex Token: The AdEx Platform uses the DAI stable token (pegged to 1 USD) for all transactions between publishers and advertisers. AdEx has its own native token, ADX, which will be used for staking with the network’s validators
The third group AdEx is working for is internet users. AdEx will implement a portal for average users to make choices about the ads they see. The result could be more interesting advertising and sponsored content that viewers will actually want to see (or at least not actively avoid).
Ethereum & NEO-based Smart Contracts
The DAPP will host an exchange for bidding on advertising space. It will also include messaging channels for negotiation and direct interaction between publishers and advertisers.
Most of the contract management and negotiation will take place off-chain in separate channels. Only the final settlement of the contract will need to take place on-chain. This makes AdEx more scalable as all contract actions don’t need to be recorded on-chain.
Media & Metadata Storage
For storage of metadata and advertising media files, AdEx will use IPFS. IPFS is a peer-to-peer solution for media management. It will integrate seamlessly with current advertising delivery channels.
AdEx also allows interoperability with existing ad storage solutions, so the switching costs of changing to AdEx remain low.
The AdEx DApp will also implement a reputation management system. So, users will be able to rate each other and give feedback about the trustworthiness of other users. The reputation system will work on a points structure with publishers and advertisers able to filter their options based on reputation.
Unfortunately, further details about the reputation system won’t be available until after the launch of the beta version.
AdEx is still in development, so it’s difficult to say much yet about it at this point. The original roadmap anticipated a beta release in February 2018. It remains to be seen if the team will meet that deadline.
Future plans for version two of AdEx after launch focus on improving the user experience and scalability. AdEx has also expressed an interest in implementing a real-time bidding solution that could take place off-chain or on a high throughput network, like IOTA.
AdEx Token (ADX)
The AdEx token currently sits in the top 150 tokens worldwide by market cap, making it a still relatively unknown project.
That said, AdEx had no trouble generating interest for its token sale in June 2017. They raised $10 million in first three hours of token sale.
ADX will be the currency that advertisers use to buy clicks/impressions within the AdEx exchange.
Where to Buy AdEx (ADX)?
You can buy AdEx (ADX) on many of the major exchanges:
Where to Store AdEx (ADX)?
AdEx has its work cut out for it, entering a crowded industry with ambitious goals. If successful, the project stands to capitalize on the enormous online advertising industry. However, cautious optimism is wise here ahead of the launch of the beta platform.
In conclusion, AdEx is targeting a global advertising arena that is in dire need of being revolutionized. In its current form, third-party intermediaries such as Google Ads and Facebook dominate the industry, subsequently resulting in hindrances for both the advertiser and the publisher.
In fact, it is end-user themselves that also feel the impact of an ineffective and somewhat broken digital ad space, not least because website visitors are accustomed to ads that are completely irrelevant to their individual needs and interests.
On the contrary, AdEx is able to alleviate these concerns through its blockchain-based solution. Now, both advertisers and online publishers can connect with one another on a peer-to-peer basis, subsequently removing the need to involve inefficient, expensive, and opaque third-party platforms.
As a result, this will allow the project to attract a significant following, especially when you consider the more favorable profit-generating system at both ends of the transaction. Moreover, as the AdEx platform offers a 100% transparent hub – 24/7, both advertisers and publishers have access the very same statistics and metrics.
PROS and CONS Of ADEX Add Network-